At Urban Calm, we understand the importance of a happy workforce and the effect that stress can have on both professional and personal life. As part of National Stress Awareness Day 2017, we have put together a few tips to help to manage stress, including advice on how to ‘keep moving’ at work and the positive effect it can have on your mood.
1. Take a walk/stretch at your desk during your lunch Use your lunch to go for a walk, or walk to a colleague’s desk to discuss a subject rather than email them. Stepping away from your desk for just a few minutes may help you to organise your thoughts and put your workload into perspective.
2. Learn to say ‘no’ If you have too much on with work already, don’t be afraid to say ‘no’. This means you’re not letting a colleague down or worrying about having an unachievable deadline. Don’t be afraid to ask to reschedule!
3. Eat a healthy diet
Unhealthy food and chocolate can be tempting when you’re feeling stressed, however having unhealthy food can actually aggravate stress further. So next time you want an unhealthy snack to make you feel better, reach for that banana instead.
4. Use your calendar to manage tasks Having a desktop calendar or diary is a great way to organise your workload. Tasks don’t seem so daunting once you have a schedule and are aware of your deadlines.
5. Socialise with colleagues Avoid eating your lunch at your desk and instead go into the kitchen and eat with a colleague. Even a quick chat at your desk about your upcoming holidays or plans can help to relieve work stress
6. Take some YOU time & don't feel guilty
Book in at Urban Calm for a massage, from back neck & shoulders to a full body Lava Shell massage, you're guaranteed to be fully relaxed. For more information take a look on our City Spa or Aintree Promotions.
*OFFER - Get 15% off ALL Lava Shell treatments - offer ends 03/11/2017